Skip to main content

The Friday 56 + Book Beginnings



Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your 
eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that


This week I am Reading.......

56%............


I take a deep breath and propel myself forward, stopping right in front of Dom. As I settle into my new seat, his dark eyes roam from my head to my toes,making me wish I'd worn something nicer than ratty jeans and a gray fleece sweatshirt. "Looks like were stuck together." He aims a smirk in Andy's direction. 






Book Beginning is hosted by Rose City Reader.  It’s where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

Today is the beginning of the end. My last semester of Harmony High. Less than 6 months until graduation. 


    Blurb: 

School days don't get easier just because you're a senior! It's the final semester of senior year, and everyone at Harmony High can't wait to find out the results of theSenior Superlative votes! But the balloon bursts in Sadie's face when she discovers she's been voted "Most Likely to Get Married" to Andy - a boy she's never dated or ever thought of as a potential boyfriend. Completely and utter mortification sets in. To prove high school means something more than a Senior Superlative award, Sadie and her best friend Jana decide to create their own list of awesome non-academic achievements to be completed before graduation. Yet, the harder Sadie works to show everyone she's not the least bit attracted to Andy, the more appealing he becomes. Typical for the girl who can't seem to achieve anything important, even the completion of one lousy college application. When senioritis kicks in and the school year dwindles down to mere weeks, Sadie decides to risk her good girl reputation to prove that an Awesome Achievement means much more than any Senior Superlative vote. By the time Sadie realizes her epic screw-up, she just might have lost her chance at the prom date of her dreams.


My thoughts: 

So far this is such a cute book. I am looking forward to getting into the romance and seeing what happens next. How about you would you want to read this? 

Comments

  1. Looks like a sweet read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this but it does look cute. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something I would have read as a teen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friendly Fill In's

This meme is hosted by Ann at  McGuffy's Reader  and Ellen at  15andmeowing . Each week they will post four fill-in statements.  Week 48: April 7, 2017 1. I don't understand why  ___       _  is so popular. 2. My in-case-of-emergency person is  ____________ . 3. There is so much                                 ! 4. I would be lost  without                               . My Answers :  1. I don't understand why my son thinks paw patrol is so popular.  2.My in-case-of-emergency person is my mom.  3.There is so much hate in the world.  4. I would be lost without my phone it's how I communicate with my family. 

Cookies and Scream Blogging through the Alphabet

Welcome to day 3 with the letter C. Each day I will be giving a book I want to read this year begining with the days later.  Day 3 : Cookies and Scream Olivia Greyson is the proud owner of The Gingerbread House—a quaint shop that specializes in all things cookie—and her best friend, Maddie, is her sidekick, baking up scrumptious treats for their cookie-themed parties. But when a stunning antique cookie cutter collection leads to murder, things get a bit too hot to handle…

Saturday 9: Heat Of The Moment

I am back in to full swing with doing fun memes again. I can't wait to get back on track. So today we start with Saturday 9. Hope you enjoy and join in the fun. Saturday 9: The Heat of the Moment (1982)   Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it  here . 1) What's something you did or said "in the heat of the moment?"  A: I said yes to working double time a few times when I was just in my own little world. Boy was that a mistake. 2) Asia's founder and bass player, John Wetton, passed away in January. One of his bandmates remembered him as a reliable performer who made everyone around him look better. Do you enjoy being the center of attention? Or would you, like Mr. Wetton, prefer to play a supporting role?  A: I Don't like being the center of attention so I rather play a supporting role. 3) Asia is a British band who played their first US concert at Clarkson University in Potsdam,New York. The nearest major city -- Ottawa, Canada -- is a 90-minu