Happy Sunday Everyone sorry for Saturday 9 being a day late but here are my answers my I hope all of you had a great weekend.
Too Fat Polka (1947)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) Have you ever danced the polka?
A: No. I have always liked polka. My parents actually listened to it when I was younger.
2) The centerpiece of a traditional Polish polka band is the accordion. The accordion is a substantial instrument. Have you ever tried to play it?
A: No. It looks like it would be heavy to hold and it looks complicated. But it sounds beautiful.
3) The plump lady of this song cannot fit into the singer's car. How many passengers does your car comfortably seat?
A: 4 people.
4) Would you like to lose a few pounds?
A: Yes I have lost 100lbs since Emily's birth 6 months ago but I could still loose some then I will be at my ideal weight loss.
5) In the long ago 1940s, this song was considered amusing. Do you think it's still funny today?
6) Arthur Godfrey, who recorded this song, was a popular radio and TV host from the 1930s to the 1970s. Before this week's Saturday 9, had you ever heard of him?
A: No I have not.
7) One of his more popular radio shows was Talent Scouts. A 1940s-50s version of American Idol, this show gave previously unknown singers their first national exposure. Godfrey could point with pride to having helped discover Tony Bennett and Patsy Cline, but he made a mistake by rejecting Elvis Presley. Tell us about something you'd do differently if you could get a "do over."
A: Being friends again with a person I didn't intend to make her upset. But I guess things happen for a reason.
8) In 1953, Godfrey made news by having one of the nation's very first hip replacements. Have you ever been/would you be part of a clinical trial, either for a new drug or a new medical procedure?
A: I am not sure.Now a days it seems any medical with drugs have scary affects and I don't know what could happen if with a new drug.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: You and a friend are shopping. She tries on an expensive sweater and enthusiastically asks what you think. You think it looks awful. Do you tell her the truth?
A: If it makes her happy and if she likes it I ask her well do you like it and if you do just get it. I don't like to hurt my friends feeling.